Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I passed!

I passed my glucose test with flying colors!  I'm so excited that I won't have to try to make it through the holidays without sweets :)

If you read my last blog post, you know that I have been really stressed about this test.  Not about the results, but about fasting for that long.

I've always been one of those people that must eat breakfast.  If I don't eat within 15-20 min of waking up, then I get light headed and sick to my stomach.  This has gotten even worse with pregnancy.  Just ask Adam...there have been several times when I've run through the house throwing anything I can find in the kitchen into my mouth to keep from throwing up.  Hence the nervousness about fasting from midnight until 9 a.m.

To help prevent throwing up in my car, I set my alarm and woke up at 11:45 for some oatmeal before the midnight cut off.  I was pretty out of it and dropped my creamer from our discontinued everyday dishes...shattered to pieces!  After cleaning up the mess, eating some oatmeal, and settling the dogs back down, I headed back to bed.  I don't know what I was thinking!  Eating and immediately lying down when 7 months pregnant do not mix.  After a while of trying to sleep sitting up, I finally drifted to sleep.

I also got some great advice from a lady on my team.  She said not to take my prenatal vitamin bc taking them on an empty stomach can make you sick.  I think these two things saved me! 

Bring on the pumpkin pie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment