Monday, October 8, 2012

25 Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  25 Weeks

Size of Baby:  2 lb and about 14 inches  - the size of a head of cauliflower

New Developments:  She has a sense of equilibrium so she can tell what is up and what is down.  She is also growing more fat and hair.

Gender:  Girl!

Maternity Clothes: Loving my new boots.  After this cold weekend, I'm seriously considering getting a maternity coat.  Mom gave me a coat to try and it fits over my bump but looks big everywhere else.  I'll be on the lookout for a reasonably priced coat! 

Movement:  Still active.  I feel her throughout the day and a lot at night.  While I'm trying to go to sleep or when I wake up in the middle of the night I can feel her bouncing all over the place. 

Sleep:  Starting to get a little rough again, but nothing I can't deal with.  Just a little hip pain so I have to roll over from one side to the other.  Good training for when this little girl gets here

Symptoms:  Still having some itchy skin, but the doc told me I can take some Zyrtec and Pepcid for it.  It hasn't been bad enough to resort to meds, but at least I know something that will help if I get really miserable.

Cravings:  Wine, but I'm settling for grape juice in a wine glass :)

What I Miss:  Being able to cut my own toenails...oh wait...that means I have a perfect excuse for lots of pedicures!

Best Moment this Week: Got to hear her sweet little heartbeat at the doctor's office and feel her kick the doppler.  Adam rubbed my feet several times this week - heavenly!  And the electrician installed a generator transfer switch so the house will be powered even if the electricity goes out.  Now we don't have to worry about no power with a new baby!

What I'm looking forward to: Baby shopping for lots of pink girly stuff with Mom and Melissa on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment