Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year Thanksgiving was a little different than normal.  We usually spend the day in Arkadelphia with the whole family, but since it's too far to travel this close to Avery's arrival, Adam and I had a quiet Thanksgiving at home.

We ended up having a great day! I had planned to dress cute for the day, but after about 30 minutes in my "cute" clothes I switched to comfy housepants and a t-shirt.  I decided I could deal with looking casual in pics in exchange for comfort!  We spent the day cooking, hanging out with the dogs, watching football, and putting up our Christmas village. 

I did my best to document some of the day, but it's hard to get pics since it was just the two of us.  Adam cooked a wonderful meal of turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole.  I made the pumpkin pie (and will probably eat the entire thing myself :)).  The girls had rib bones and turkey giblets. 

Even though we missed the rest of the family, Adam did a great job of making it feel like a real Thanksgiving.  We even attempted to watch White Christmas before both falling asleep.  I can't wait until Christmas so we can have the whole crew over for more good food and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment