Monday, November 19, 2012

31 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  31 Weeks.  9 weeks until my due date, 6 weeks until she is considered full term!

Size of Baby:  2.5 - 3.8 lb and about 15.2 - 16.7 inches.

New Developments:  She's going through major brain and nerve development.  All 5 of her senses are in working order.

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity

Movement: She hangs out on my right side and likes to kick my left side.  She's very active at certain times throughout the day.  I actually like the schedule she is on now – maybe she'll keep it when she comes out!

Sleep: I basically just take naps throughout the night.  Between the discomfort, all the work it takes to roll over, bathroom breaks, and heartburn, I can't sleep for very many hours in a row.  On a related note…we learned in childbirth class that most women's water breaks while they are sleeping. To keep Adam from trying to get me to sleep on puppy pads, we bought a water proof mattress cover, just in case! :)

Symptoms:  Tired and ready to meet our baby girl!

Cravings: Pumpkin Pie.  I'm going to make one using mom's recipe for Thanksgiving

What I Miss: I've noticed that it takes me much longer to get my clothes on in the morning.  I miss being able to just slip things on – this big ol' belly makes everything a little more difficult.

Best Moment this Week:  We finished our childbirth classes on Saturday and I got to take 2 naps this weekend!  It was very relaxing and much needed.  I also did some online shopping and ordered several things that we needed.  It's so nice to not have to go try to find stuff in a store – you just click a button and it's delivered to your front door.  Adam gave me an early Christmas present last night..a new Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.  I love it!!! It can do split screens so you can have the internet open on ½ of the tablet and another app open on the other ½ - super cool!

What I'm looking forward to: Yummy Thanksgiving food.  We are going to miss getting to go to Arkadelphia and be with the rest of the family, but Adam has a full meal planned for us including fried stuffing on a stick! J  We plan to start decorating for Christmas too, which is always so much fun.

What I'm anxious about:  I visited another daycare this morning.  Adam wasn't able to go with me because he had a meeting.  I don't know how we are ever going to find something that works for us.  I have liked both centers, but not for infants.  I just don't feel like they get enough attention and loving and Adam agrees.  I'm fine with the 12 mo and up classes, but can't stand the infant classes.  I have cried after both centers we visited :( What's even worse is that all the good places have waiting lists and we can't even be guaranteed that we can get in by August (which is when Avery would start).  How in the world are we going to figure this out?  This is way more stressful than any other part of this whole experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment