Monday, November 5, 2012

29 Weeks





Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  29 Weeks.  11 weeks until my due date, 8 weeks until she is considered full term!

Size of Baby:  2.5 - 3.8 lb and about 15.2 - 16.7 inches.  The size of an acorn squash

New Developments:  Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. 

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity

Movement: She moves a lot.  She's decided that she likes to hang out on the right side of my stomach, so that side sticks out more and I can feel her back all along the side of my stomach.  Mom finally got to feel a kick yesterday evening while we were at the ER.  Check out mom's blog for the story about why we were in the ER.

Sleep:  Sleep?  Whats that?  I guess I actually did get a little sleep last night because I dreamed that Avery was born and she came out looking like Shelby (see the dog in the pic above).  It was wild!

Symptoms:  Just general discomfort.  Its uncomfortable to sit and uncomfortable to stand.  I did discover that the recliner helps a little.

Cravings: Nothing special.

What I Miss: Bending over to pick things up off the floor without groaning :)

Best Moment this Week:  We announced Avery's name and took maternity pics on Saturday.  I can't wait to see how they turned out.  I also went to the doc and passed my glucose screening.  Everything is still looking good.  I can't believe it's already time to start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks!  Where has the time gone???  This weekend was nice and relaxing with lots of good quality time with my hubby.

What I'm looking forward to: We have an Infant CPR class on Wednesday night and our first Birthing Class on Saturday.  I'm a little nervous and excited.  It's all starting to feel very real!  

No comments:

Post a Comment