Tuesday, January 1, 2013

37 Weeks...+ 1 Day



I'm officially a blogging slacker.  For some reason I keep forgetting to do my posts on Monday!  Maybe it's because of all the holidays and my days are confused or maybe because I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have other things on my mind.  Hopefully I will do better next week.

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:  37 weeks and 1 day. 2 weeks and 6 days until my due date.  She's considered full term at this point!  

Size of baby:  6+ lbs and 22 inches long  

New developments:  She's fully developed, but I read an article in a baby magazine yesterday that said babies brains are continuing to develop until 39 weeks.  Babies born at 37 or 38 weeks have lower test scores in Math and Science than those born at 39 weeks or later, so 39 weeks is our new goal.

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity.  I pretty much live in leggings these days (when possible).  They are one of the few things that are still comfortable.  You'll notice that I'm super casual in my picture from today.  We just hung out at home all day, so I didn't feel like getting dressed up.

Movement: Lots of movement!  Her movements are sometimes so extreme that my whole belly jerks.  She also has hiccups at least once per day.

Sleep:  The lack of sleep has probably been one of the hardest parts.  I have always been a good sleeper, but my hips and back just hurt too much to get comfortable.  I move from the bed to the couch to the recliner almost every night just trying to find some relief.

Symptoms:  Tired, some Braxton Hicks contractions, and back pain when I've been doing too much.

Cravings: Not anything specific, still liking sweets and carbs.

What I Miss: Being able to do normal things like getting up and down off the couch. 

Best Moment this Week:  
We had a relaxing New Years Eve at home and it was just what I needed.  We rented Dark Knight Rises on PPV and were able to stay up until 10:00 - that's a record for us here lately :)  I was feeling pretty miserable last night, so I was glad that we didn't try to go anywhere.

I spent the day doing some sewing for Avery and playing with my new Cricut machine and Serger.  I made a cute baby blanket and did my first applique onesie. 

We also got a lot accomplished this past weekend.  We took down all the Christmas stuff and put together Avery's pack n play!  It seems weird to have a pack n play in our room - I can't believe that we are just a few weeks away from having Avery sleeping in it!







No comments:

Post a Comment