Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Avery's Nursery

I've been putting off blogging about Avery's nursery because I still have a couple of things left to do.  But I decided to go ahead and post some pictures and I can just update it once I have finished the last two things.

We have had a lot of fun putting together a "girly" nursery.  As you can see, there is a lot of pink but we tried to keep it toned down a little.  One of the things that I need to finish is a monogram for the wall above the recliner.  Hopefully I will get that done next weekend.


We have a few things in the nursery that have some sentimental value.  The leather recliner was Adam's Granddad's and is super comfortable.  The quilt on the back of the chair was made by my Grandmother.  The rocking horse in the bottom right corner (you can see it better in next pic) was mine when I was little and so was the white dresser (see in next pic).


Some people probably think it's crazy to have a TV in the nursery, but I think it's going to be wonderful for late night feedings!  Here's some close ups of the crib.  I made all the bedding myself.  I just couldn't find anything that I really liked - it all had too much of a theme.  I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  The tiered bedskirt definitely was the most work, but I'm glad I did it.  You'll notice that there aren't any bumpers because they are now saying that any bumpers are dangerous.  The piece across the front is a "teething guard" and there are also two bolster pillows in the crib for decoration that will come out when Avery's sleeping.  



The room has a dormer window that was pretty much wasted space because it was so narrow.  Luckily the changing table fit perfectly!  We also added the wall decal for a little extra color/interest.  The last thing we have to finish is hanging a small white chandelier above the changing table.  


And here is Avery's closet.  Most of her clothes are in the light pink baskets instead of hanging up since her wardrobe for the first 3 months is mainly comfy one-piece outfits.  We also have another closet directly behind the recliner that is full of diapers, wipes, toys, etc.  I'm glad we have plenty of storage!


Now all we need is Avery! :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment