Monday, January 14, 2013

39 Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:  39 weeks. 1 week until my due date!  But she is welcome to come any time :)  

Size of baby:  7+ lbs and 22 inches long.  She's the size of a watermelon and based on my picture, you can see that it looks like I'm carrying around a watermelon!

New developments:  She's fully developed and is just continuing to gain weight. 

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity.  Most of my maternity shirts have gotten too small because she is so low.  I have a few long tanks that I have to wear under things to keep my belly from hanging out.

Movement: She's started to slow down a little bit.  I think she's starting to run out of room.  I still feel movement, but they aren't as big as they used to be.  She gets really active after I eat a Cutie (clementine)

Sleep: Some nights are better than others.  I have been sleeping better since I've been working from home because I don't get so sore during the day.

Symptoms:  Some contractions, but nothing consistent.  At my last doctors visit (on Wednesday), I was 2 cm dilated and 80-90% effaced.  Not tons of progress, but I'll take what I can get!  The doctor said that he won't let me go past 41 weeks so she will definitely be here by 1/28

Cravings: Vanilla wafers!

What I Miss: Having a fireplace and hot water.  It's been a rough week for us with home repairs.  The fireplace project continues to grow and at this point it's not looking like it will be finished in time for Avery's arrival.  I'm trying to look at the bright side - we never really liked the rock and since we have to replace it all now, we got to order rock that we like.  And it's going to be really nice when it's finished.

The hot water heater went out this morning and of course it's a morning that its 15 degrees outside and I have to go into the office for a strategy meeting.  They ordered us a new one and should be installing it tomorrow.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well!

Best Moment this Week:  
Realizing that Avery could be here any day and we are ready for her arrival! (Aside from the fireplace and no hot water :)).  I've been trying to encourage labor - spicy wings on Saturday, lots of cleaning on Sunday.  I know she won't come until she's ready, but it keeps me busy trying  these things.  Don't worry mom - I won't even consider castor oil.  

Here's an updated pic of the fireplace:



No comments:

Post a Comment