Monday, January 7, 2013

38 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:  38 weeks. 2 weeks until my due date.   

Size of baby:  6+ lbs and 22 inches long  

New developments:  She's fully developed, but I read an article in a baby magazine yesterday that said babies brains are continuing to develop until 39 weeks.  Babies born at 37 or 38 weeks have lower test scores in Math and Science than those born at 39 weeks or later, so 39 weeks is our new goal.

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity.  A lot of my maternity stuff is getting too small, but I refuse to buy anything new since I have very little time left to wear it.

Movement: She's started to slow down a little bit.  I think she's starting to run out of room.  I still feel movement, but they aren't as big as they used to be.

Sleep:  I actually got some pretty good sleep last night.  I think after a few nights of not sleeping, I'm so exhausted that I can sleep through some of the discomfort.

Symptoms:  Some contractions, but nothing consistent.  When I went to the doctor last Wednesday, I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I have another appointment this Wednesday - hopefully I will have progressed some.

Cravings: Chocolate has been tasting pretty good here lately.

What I Miss: Being able to do normal things like getting up and down off the couch. 

Best Moment this Week:  
It's been a fairly uneventful week.  I started working from home today and plan to work from home most days until Avery arrives.  It makes a big difference in how I feel when I don't have to get dressed and make the drive into the office.  

On another topic - I'm super excited that we are getting a wood burning fireplace!  We have had gas logs that we never used and we will really use a wood burning fireplace.  Unfortunately, a project that was supposed to be completed on 12/28 is still on going.  We probably should have known better than to start something like this so close to my due date.  They were originally just supposed to pull out our insert and replace with a new one.  Once they opened it up, they realize that inside was not built correctly.  They project has continued to grow and now we have to reframe and replace the entire front of the fireplace.  Not only are we unhappy about the increase in cost, but I'm really nervous that they won't be able to finish it in time for Avery's arrival.  I definitely don't want a bunch of workers in here with a brand new baby!  The removed all the rock today, the framing and insert will be done by next Monday and hopefully the rock guy can come start working on the rock a week from Tuesday.  Avery just needs to stay put until the rock is finished and we get all this construction dust cleaned up :)  


Shelby wanted her picture taken too! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment