Wednesday, December 26, 2012

36 Weeks...+2 days




I don't know how I let this week slip away from me without my update on Monday.  I have been so confused about the days of the week and we had the family over on Monday, so I just have't thought about blogging...oops!

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:  36 weeks and 2 days. 3 weeks and 5 days until my due date and 5 days until she's considered full term.  

Size of baby:  6 lbs and 22 inches long - about the size of a watermelon  

New developments:  She's fully developed and practicing breathing, sucking on her thumb and blinking.

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity.  I pretty much live in leggings these days (when possible).  They are one of the few things that are still comfortable.

Movement: Lots of movement!  Her movements are sometimes so extreme that my whole belly jerks.  She also has hiccups at least once per day.

Sleep:  The lack of sleep has probably been one of the hardest parts.  I have always been a good sleeper, but my hips and back just hurt too much to get comfortable.  I move from the bed to the couch to the recliner almost every night just trying to find some relief.


Symptoms:  Tired, some Braxton Hicks contractions, and back pain when I've been doing too much.

Cravings: Not anything specific, but I've been putting a good size dent in the Christmas leftovers :)

What I Miss: Everything is such a big effort these days.  I'm ready to have my body back, but Avery can stay in as long as she needs to.  

Best Moment this Week:  
We had the whole crew over to our house for Christmas on Christmas Eve.  It was a lot of work and Adam and I were pretty exhausted afterwards, but we had a really nice time.  Adam did a great job cooking and it was great to spend some time with the family since we didn't get to see them on Thanksgiving.  We opened presents, ate until we were stuffed and visited.  Somehow, I didn't take a single picture.  Hopefully Melissa and Mom got some good pictures and I can link to their blogs.  

On Christmas morning we headed to the Pitts for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast - breakfast casserole and butterscotch rolls.  They were fabulous!  Adam and I spent Christmas Day relaxing and recovering.

I head to the doctor tomorrow for my first check to see if I'm dilated, effaced, etc.  I can't believe I'm already at the point in this pregnancy that I am starting weekly doctor's visits.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment