Monday, December 17, 2012

35 Weeks







Wow - I'm huge!!!

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:  35 weeks.  5 weeks until my due date and 2 weeks until she's considered full term.  It is flying by!

Size of baby:  5.5 lbs and 20 inches long.  She's continuing to fatten up.  

New developments:  She's pretty much fully developed at this point, she's just gaining weight.

Gender:  Girl!  Avery Anne Johnson

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity. Some of my maternity stuff is getting too small, but I'm resisting buying anything new.

Movement: I get lots of pokes and prods throughout the day.

Sleep:  I guess I'll just look forward to getting a good nights sleep again here in a few years.

Symptoms:  The skin on my stomach is really starting to get sore.  I don't think it can stretch any more!

Cravings: Still craving the iced animal cookies in the pink bag.  In fact...I'm eating some as I type this post :)

What I Miss: Being able to sit like a lady.  My belly is so big that I have to sit with my legs spread out so it has room.  

Best Moment this Week:  Got some more things checked off my to do list this week.  Adam and I also had a lovely "date night" on Saturday.  We ate at Table Mesa on the Bentonville square, walked around through the Christmas lights and got some ice cream at the Spark Cafe.  

It actually was a pretty sad week here at Big Bear and the Betis Ranch.  On Friday night, when I went to go gather the eggs and tuck in my chickens, I discovered that something had gotten into their coop.  At first I thought they had just gotten out because the gate to their run was open, then I saw one of my beautiful girls dead in the yard.  I was pretty hysterical and I'm sure Adam didn't know what to think as I was walking back to the house sobbing.  As soon as I could get out that it was my chickens, he went to go look for the others.  He looked that night and then again the next morning and still didn't find the other girls.  We discovered that it was a dog that got into the run.  We aren't sure if it killed the other girls or if they just ran away because they were scared.  I'm keeping the gate open and checking to coop every night just in case they come back.  They have been so much fun to have.  It's relaxing to walk out there every day to check on them and gather the eggs.  I'm sure we will get more if they don't come back, but I'm still holding out hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment