Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happenings at the Ranch

I realized that it has been a long time since I blogged about the girls and all the fun things that have been happening at the ranch.  All the posts have been focused on the baby, so this post is dedicated to all the other stuff going on.

We had a great weekend.  It started out with getting see the boys play football on Saturday morning in Farmington.  I joined Mom, Dad, Mim and the Pitts crew for a the 4th and 5th grade Cardinals games in the rain.  We were all bundled in rain gear so I didn't get any pics.  The rain slowed down enough for me to get a picture of Jayden running onto the field through the sign and rows of cheerleaders.  They won both games - woo hoo!


I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had ordered a pregnancy pillow.  It finally came in - it's wonderful!  It basically surrounds your body in one continuous pillow so that you have support no matter which way you turn.  It's a little big, but Betis loves using it as a "nest" to protect her from Shelby :)


Here's a pic of Big Bear.  She's just chilling in the dog house, digesting the ribs that Adam made the girls.  He makes them a rack of ribs almost every weekend.  It's such a special treat for them and they love it!  I know it looks like she's foaming at the mouth, but it's just grey hair.  Can you believe that she will be 13 in December?  She's still trucking along...


Shelby's napping from a busy day at the farm.  She's grown so much and has been such a good puppy.  I think her herding instinct is starting to come in.  The past couple of days, she's started nipping at my heels if I'm not in the same room with Adam and herding me in his direction.  It doesn't hurt, but is pretty funny.  She wants to know where we are at all times!   She's also tried to go visit the neighbors cows a couple of times.  I guess it's hard for an Australian Cattle Dog to resist a bunch of cows :)


I don't have a picture of the chickens, but they are doing great too.  I went to gather eggs today and found an egg without a shell.  It was the weirdest thing!  It was translucent and felt a little like a water balloon.  I threw it away, because I was scared to eat it.  I googled it and apparently it just happens sometimes.  They said it was sometimes tied to weather changes.  I guess one of the girls doesn't like all the rain we have been having.

Saturday night we went to dinner and Hobby Lobby to buy new knobs for the changing table and shelves for the nursery.  Today, I just hung around the house and did domestic stuff like laundry, bread making, knitting and sewing.  It was a great end to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment