Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wednesday - Wedding Day Part 2

After a little rest, we started getting ready for the big event.  Our wedding started at 4:00 and we had to meet them near the gondola at 3:45 p.m.

Adam got ready quickly, then headed down to check out menus and pick out a restaurant for dinner so that I could get ready by myself.  Our suite had a perfect bathroom for getting ready, which included a seated vanity and makeup mirror so I could take my time getting ready.  I put on some Etta James on Pandora and got to work.

Here's a pic of my hair and hairpiece..


Here's the full view of my dress right after I finished getting ready.  It's not great quality, because I was taking it of myself.  

Adam took this pic before we left the room to head down to our wedding!!


We spoke our vows as the gondola was steered down the canal.  We were a little nervous about all the people watching because it was really crowded, but we barely noticed.  I'm sure we probably made it into a few people's blogs because several people were snapping pictures.  

When we first got on the gondola...


Saying our vows...


I now pronounce you husband and wife..you may kiss your bride :)


Apparently it's good luck for you to make a wish and kiss under each bridge...


Here's a few of our wedding pics.  I was pretty impressed with how they turned out since we met the photographer for the first time 5 minutes before the ceremony started.  He took us all over the property and picked some good locations. 


I love these pics from Tao restaurant.  The entrance is really cool with these huge bathtubs filled with rose petals and candles



My handsome husband :)







I loved my shoes and baby blue toenails!  


I also loved my bouquet.  It was all pink roses with an ivory ribbon and was super girly.


After the ceremony and pictures we headed to grab a drink before dinner.  Adam got the bartender to make me a "mocktail" because it wasn't very fun to just drink water.  It was lime and blueberry flavored - yum!

We headed to dinner at Valentino (an Italian restaurant) and loaded up on pasta.  It was very good, but I didn't get a single picture!  I guess we were all pictured out..  We got dessert to go and headed up to our room so I could rest my feet. 


Even though we missed our family and friends, it was a great wedding day.  Very romantic and relaxing - exactly what we wanted!






No comments:

Post a Comment