Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tuesday

We woke up bright and early on Tuesday morning and started our day with some yummy corned beef hash and pancakes from the Grand Lux Cafe in our hotel.  We quickly discovered that we get up too early for Las Vegas because everything was still closed!

We decided to head to the marriage license bureau while we were waiting for everything to open.  We had heard horror stories about the wait for marriage licenses, but luckily we beat the crowd and it took less than 5 min! The bureau is open from 8-midnight every day- wild!!

The funniest thing is that as you walk up, people start asking you if you have a chapel already and trying to hand you brochures.

We headed back to the hotel and did some exploring.  After checking out all the shops in the hotel and booking me a spa appt for later that afternoon,  we headed to the Fashion Show Mall (after a pit stop at the Wynn) for some serious shopping. It's a good thing they shipped!   I could not have fit everything in my suitcase. 

Lunch was at I <3 Burgers and was not very good.  Service was horrible and the food was just ok, but it gave our feet some much needed rest.

After lunch it was spa time! I had my first Vegas spa experience last year when Adam treated me, Priti, and Louise to a spa day during our girls weekend.  It was incredible and this experience was no different!  Its so much more than just getting a massage like you get around here.  You have access to all these other services. 

I arrived about 1 1/2 hours early and got into my comfy spa robe.  Since I couldn't use the hot tub or sauna, I focused on the cool therapies.  Aromatherapy showers, igloo room and the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.  It was fit exactly to your body and was slightly heated so it was very relaxing. 

The massage felt great and really helped my aching feet and back.  They had great products,  so I showered and got ready there before heading back to the room.

To finish off the day, we had a wonderful dinner at Carnevino (a Mario Batalli) restaurant. We started off with a caprese salad with the best heirloom tomatoes I have ever had.  Dinner consistented of a huge T-bone that was carved table side and spicy creamed corn. 

The T-bone was perfect since it is half filet (my favorite)  and half strip (Adam's favorite). We're a perfect pair :). For dessert we took the server's recommendation and ordered Date cake...so yummy! Luckily Adam doesn't have a very big sweet tooth so I got to eat most of it myself :). It was a great end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment