Friday, October 11, 2013

We're Going on a Safari

It was a gorgeous fall Sunday a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to head over to Gentry to the Drive Thru Safari.  These pictures were all taken on my cell phone.  I remembered my camera and we even rigged it up to charge the battery on the way over but when we got there I realized that I forgot my memory card...ugh!  The pictures actually turned out okay (thank goodness)

Adam had never been and I think he was fairly impressed with all the animals they had.  We started by doing the drive through portion.  Since we were going so slow, we got Avery out of her carseat and Adam held her while we drove to see all the animals.  She was so excited to be in the front seat of the car and seemed to be fascinated with the animals.  Some of them would come right up to the car window and she just looked at them liked she was amazed that they were so close.




Then we walked around the outside area.  There were camels, monkeys, baby pot bellied pigs, baby leopards, goats, giraffes and much more!  The baby leopards were so cute and they were letting people play with them, but we thought Avery might be a little young for that :)


This picture cracks me up.  Adam and Avery just happened to be making the exact same face when I took this picture.  I promise that we were actually having a good time!




We can't wait to take her when she gets a little older and can participate in the petting zoo portion.  I think she's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment