Friday, October 18, 2013

Do You Have Your S%@# Together?

A few weeks ago I met up with my high school friends for a girl's night in Hot Springs.  One of my friends had forgotten Avery's baby gift and said that she just couldn't get her s%@# together.  It got me thinking...

Do I have it together?  Some days I feel like I do...and others I don't.  I think it's a combination of lack of sleep and just having an extra person to take care of.  I wonder if this will improve once Avery gets older?  Just to make you other mom's feel better that it isn't just you that can't keep it together, here are some examples:

- The same day that my friend made that comment, I was looking for my keys.  Could not find them ANYWHERE!  She held Avery for me while I dug through my purse, looked at the front counter of the restaurant, then out in my car.  I found them in my car, that was sitting in the parking lot, unlocked.  I'm glad no one in Hot Springs decided to take my car for a joy ride.

 - I had just left taking Avery to the doctor for another ear infection and we ran by daycare to pick up her blankie (that I had forgotten).  When I was putting her back in the carseat, I noticed that my house keys had fallen out of my car and were sitting on my running board.  I thought to myself "I better grab those as soon as I get Avery strapped in"...  After running to the Neighborhood Market to pick up Avery's antibiotic, then heading across town and to lunch with Adam since Avery's antibiotic wasn't ready yet, then heading back to Neighborhood Market, I remembered that I never picked up my keys from the running board... ugh.  Thank goodness for having wide running boards because they were still there!
 - I ran to grab a few things at Walmart one day at lunch.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I noticed that my Pandora (which plays in my car through my phone's Bluetooth) was cutting out.  I started looking for my phone in the car to see what was going on and couldn't find it.  I pulled back into the parking lot and there was my phone sitting in the shopping cart in the parking lot.

 - I headed to see Avery at lunch this week and was planning to grab something to eat before heading to the daycare.  I got almost to Subway and realized that I had left my wallet sitting on my desk.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I have to park and walk so far that it would have taken me at least 20 min. to go back and get it.  I called Adam and luckily he was in the parking lot at work and offered to buy me lunch :)  We met at Taco Bell and had a nice lunch.  I headed to daycare, pulled in the parking lot and realized that I was missing my purse!  I had left it hanging on the back of the chair at Taco Bell.  There wasn't anything of value in it (just a spare diaper, Sophie the Giraffe, and an umbrella)  but the purse itself is worth a few hundred dollars so I wasn't expecting it to be there.  I got back to Taco Bell and it was still there.. Yay!!

These are just a few examples.  There are many, many more and I'm sure there will be even more to come.  But after thinking back I realized that even though I feel like I don't have it together, I have been very luckily that things always seem to work out okay.  It's all worth it for this wonderful little girl.

P.S.  I know that she is playing with an Afrin box in this picture...don't judge :)  It's empty and you do what you can to keep you child happy so you can get ready for work!




No comments:

Post a Comment