Friday, March 15, 2013

Mommy Moment

I felt like a true mommy this morning, but not in the sweet way you might think.  I was the mommy that you see on TV shows..the one that is all disheveled and looks like she may have recently been run over by a truck.

Well maybe I'm exaggerating a little.  Avery and I headed to Fayetteville this morning to meet with the accountant.  I had it all planned out.  Avery would eat at 5:30 am (her normal time), then we would head down to Fayetteville early enough that I could feed her in the parking lot before the appt so she would be a happy quiet baby during our meeting. 
Well last night she decided to go 7 hours between feedings.  Great for her sleep deprived parents, but not so great for her schedule.  Since she ate a 3 am, she didn't wake up to eat until 6 am.  No biggie, I would just have her eat a little sooner than normal so she could still get a feeding before the appt.  We ended leaving 15 min late and not getting to Fayetteville until 20 min before 9.  Again, no biggie, I would just let Avery eat for 15 min then head into the office.

I get in the backseat to feed her and as soon as she starts eating, I hear it...one of those huge rumbling diaper fillers that you parents are all to familiar with.  OK..we can handle this!  We'll just let her eat for 10 min and hope that's enough to tide her over and give us enough time to change her diaper.

After she eats, I pick her up and realize that she's had a blowout.  Poop is all over her!  Now I'm starting to stress because I can't find my changing pad and I remember that I used her spare outfit the other day without replacing it.

I plopped her directly on by backseat (thank goodness for leather!) and began the process of cleaning her up.  I got her in a clean diaper, cleaned off my seat, covered up her bare legs with a blanket and headed into my appt with 2 minutes to spare.  As I'm walking across the parking lot, I feel something wet on my foot.  I look down and see that there is a dirty wipe stuck in my shoe and laying across my foot.  I reach down, grab the dirty wipe, throw it in my purse and walk into the office.  I'm now officially a real mommy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment