Monday, March 25, 2013

9 Weeks Old

Avery turned 9 weeks old yesterday!  To celebrate, we decided to try giving her a bottle.   I have been dreading this for weeks, but knew that we needed to get her used to a bottle before I go back to work. 

I have heard horror stories about breastfed babies that will not take a bottle at all, or it takes trying 10-12 bottles before you can find one that they like.  I only had a couple ounces of milk pumped, but I thought we could go ahead and try that and I could finish off the feeding.  We had 2 sets of bottles at home that had come with my pumps, so our plan was to try those first then go buy more bottles later for our 2nd attempt.

We warmed up the bottle,  Adam took Avery and the bottle,  I wished them luck and headed into the other room to paint my toenails.   I really expected to hear Avery crying at any moment,  but things were mysteriously quiet.  After getting one coat on my toenails,  I snuck out to the living room to check on them.  Avery was happily chugging down the milk and was almost finished.   I was in shock! She took the first bottle we tried and didn't even fuss about it.

Either Adam truely is the baby whisperer,  Avery is the best baby ever, or both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment