Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3 Months Old


Avery turned 3 months old on Sunday.  Warning - She was really hamming it up for her 3 month pics, so I took a ton!  I even took the chance to take some with her owl hat on.  You'll notice that in a lot of the pics she is looking up.  She has a new fascination with ceiling fans.

**There are several pics where it looks like she is falling.  I promise that she isn't!  She's just a super wiggle worm!!















Weight: ??  We don't have another doc appointment until 4 mos.  I'm guessing that you are at least 13lbs

Length: ??

Head:  ??

Clothes: 3-6 months.  This weather has made it really difficult for us clothes wise.  Most of your 3-6 month clothes are short sleeved or sleeveless to carry you through the summer.  We have been doing lots of layering!

Diapers:  Size 2 for now.  I think we will probably move to size 3 with the next box.  You don't outgrow them in the waist, but the length is starting to get short and causing blowouts - fun :)

Schedule: You eat 6 times per day (every 2.5-3 hrs).  You stay awake for about 1 hour them nap for 1.5 - 2 hrs.  The past few days, we have been working on getting you to nap in your crib.  It was rough for the first few days but you seem to be doing much better.  Hopefully this will make things easier when your Aunt Sissy and Cici keep you while I'm at work.

We still have the same nightime ritual starting at between 7:45 or 8:00 (bath, nurse, read, bed).  It still works like a charm.  You usually wake up once around 1:30 or 2:00 and we put your paci in and you will go right back to sleep. Then around 5:00 a.m., we all wake up.  Since I'm not ready to get out of bed yet, I bring you in bed with me and we cuddle for another hour until your first feeding.  It's one of my favorite times!

Temperament/Personality: You are the best baby!  You are laughing and cooing all the time.

Likes: You love bathtime and the massage you get afterwards.  You can hear your squeals throughout the entire house!  You are still loving your activity mat and like your exersaucer.  You still need to grow into the exersaucer a little more, but I think it will become one of your favorite places to hang out.

We still sing lot of songs that make you laugh and laugh.  Hmm...I'm wondering if you are laughing at my singing??  ;)

Dislikes: The only time you really get mad is when you are hungry or overtired.  Like I said earlier - you are the best baby!

Happenings: You rolled over!!!!  It happened on Monday morning.  You were asleep in our bed and I had to get up an go to the restroom.  I was only gone for a second and you started crying.  I ran back in and you were on your tummy!  I think it must have surprised you.  You haven't done it again, but we keep watching for it.

You are constantly trying to sit up.  Every time you are leaning back, you start pulling yourself up..I think it's to see your toes. 

You still get so excited when your Daddy comes home from work.  You get the biggest smile and you reach towards him.  You love to touch his face with your hands - it seems to fascinate you.

You are taking a bottle like a champ, which makes Mommy happy since I have to start back to work next week.  You took one from Cici when she babysat you on Monday and you took 2 bottles from me while we were driving to Shreveport to see Mim.  

We've made 2 roadtrips this month and you were a great traveller.  You pretty much slept the entire time.  Me, you and Aunt Sissy make great road trip partners.  You even got to stay in your very first hotel!  Here you are napping on the hotel bed and visiting with Mim




Your daddy and I were talking the other night about what a miracle you are.  It's just amazing that we made this wonderful little person and that only 3 months ago, you were still in my tummy.  You are growing so fast and we love watching you learn new things.  Your mommy and daddy love you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment