Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekends

I just started this blog and I'm already behind!  Time for a little catch up..

Last weekend:

Adam and I drove to Lincoln to watch Jayden's basketball game.  I had no idea that Lincoln was so far away!  I thought it was right on the other side of Farmington...and it was...30 minutes on the other side.  I'm glad we went though.  It was fun getting to drive through all the small Arkansas towns and show Adam (the California boy) what it's like in Small Town, Arkansas. 

Melissa's directions to the gym included, "follow the paw prints on the street"...only in a small town!  After the game (Cardinal's won - woo hoo!) we headed back towards Farmington and made a pit stop at the Walmart Express in Prarie Grove on the way.  The lady in front of us at the register didn't have $.50 to pay for her medicine, so the cashier covered it for her.  It was a good reminder of how lucky we are to have good jobs and it made me very proud to work for a company where a cashier would be willing to pay out of her own pocket for someone's medicine.

We stopped at a cute little restaurant in Farmington called Briar Rose.  It looks like a storybook cottage inside and out.  They bake their own bread, cinnamon rolls, etc.  The food was pretty good and I treated myself to a cinnamon roll "to go."


The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.  We did some dehydrating (apples and pears) and admired the new dining table.




This weekend:

Work has been so hectic lately that I really could have used a nice weekend of sleeping late and lounging in my pj's, but that wasn't in the cards.  On Saturday morning I had a Jr. League mini retreat.

Don't let the term "mini retreat" fool you!  We spent Saturday morning from 8:00 - 12:00 cleaning the Peace at Home family shelter.  We scrubbed and organized every inch of that place.  It needed a lot of work, but looked so much better once we left.  I was exhausted!  I had to get up at 5:30 so that I could get there in time and did some heavy duty work for 4 hours.  I guess all this sitting at a desk has made me lazy. 

We didn't do anything very exciting the rest of the weekend.  We ran errands, washed clothes, cleaned, cooked, etc.  The weather was gorgeous so it was nice to be able to enjoy it. 

After the day I've had today, it was good that I got a little rest on Sunday.  I'm in dire need of a vacation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment